You now have a great product for sales, and you have heard of hundreds of merchant tools that you can use to handle the transactions for you without your hard work. All you need to do is pay the fraction of fees incurred.
After researching for each merchant accounts, you find out that PayPal could be your best choice with low PayPal transaction fees , easy to use, credibility, and almost accessible in every country worldwide. As in November 2008, PayPal has 164millions accounts, 65 milliions active subscribers, supported 19 major currencies in 190 markets. Best of all, it is completely free to sign up. That’s why it is a shame for any internet marketer if he/she doesn’t use PayPal as the ecommerce merchant for the transactions. He gonna miss out lots of potential buyers. If you would to have a free PayPal account, you can always sign up at www.paypal.com
Yea, you have decided to use PayPal, then what you should do to increase the sales?
To make sales better, you should convince your buyers that you are a reputable merchant anyway. Here is how you can do it, step-by-step.
How to Create a Customized Paypal Checkout Page for Merchant Account
1. Prepare a 750px X 90px banner as recommended by PayPal. It can be anything as graphics, or just words. Please remember that it is the banner that provide a good impression. If you can’t make one, try to ask help from friends or family, else outsource it to other professional graphic designer. You can always get a nice banner as low as 15USD at Elance for such as simple banner.
2. The image need to be located at a secure server, else there will be an error occurred. Do not worry about the getting a SSL certificate. Today, most of the hosting services provide shared SSL which you can use for this purpose. I’m using a shared hosting service by HostGator, i have no problem with that at all.
3. Now you have got the banner (image) and hosting service with SSL (dedicated or shared, it doesn’t matter). The next step is to load the banner image file to your hosting server. **Note down the URL for your image, you will need it later.
4. Once the image is uploaded, login to your PayPal account (**if you haven’t got one, sign up at www.paypal.com).
Click on “My Account” -> “Profile” -> “Custom Payment Pages”
5. The next page would be your “Custom Payment Page Style” setting page, add on the “Add” button to add your customized payment page.
6. There are several settings that you can tweak to make your payment page look better, including heade image (banner), header background color, header border color, background color, etc. The most important setting would be your secure URL (SSL) to your header image. Then, “Save” the setting.
7. Don’t forget your final step, back to your “My Account” -> “Profile” -> “Custom Payment Pages” and set the “Your_Custome_Payment_Page” status to primary. Now whenever you buyers click on the PayPal button on your Sales Letter or website, they will be directed to this page.
8. To confirm the setting is working fine, simply click on the “Preview” button to double check.
I hope this tutorial may help you to customize your own merchant header on PayPal payment page.